Cultural Heritage without Borders cordingly invites you to the Third Regional Heritage Seminar, titled ‘Cultural Heritage & Activism’
Seminar will be held at Hotel Tourist Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina, October 21 – 23 2014
What is the relationship between cultural heritage, development and society?
Can heritage make a difference? Does it?
The seminar will:
- Connect cultural heritage professionals interested in developing reflective practice – to look at themselves and what they do
- Strengthen critical understanding about the role of cultural heritage in contemporary society – to make our work relevant
- Share international examples – who is doing what and where
- Create a platform of people who want heritage to make a difference
- Strengthen excellence in practice and communication
Keynote speakers include:
Amra Hadzimuhamedovic – Commission to Preserve National Monuments in Bosnia Herzegovina and specialist on post war reconstruction
David Fleming – Director of National Museums Liverpool, UK and founder of the Social Justice Alliance of Museums
Kate Pugh – Director of the Heritage Alliance, an independent body in the UK that advocates and lobbies for heritage
Jasper Visser – Change agent, innovator and facilitator specialising in culture, heritage and the arts
Fee: No charge but application is required for limited spaces
What’s included: Accommodation and meals, transport to / from Sarajevo (pre-booked), limited travel costs (depending on location)
Working language is English.
To register at the Seminar, please fill in the ON-LINE Registration Form by Tuesday, October 14th 2014, at the following link.
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
This seminar is organized as part of project „From historical integration to contemprary active participation“ and funded by the European Union.