Project Coordinator at Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania
Full-time, One year with possibility of extension, based on performance (3 months’ probation time)
The foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania (CHwB Albania) is an independent non-governmental organization dedicated to rescuing and preserving tangible and intangible cultural heritage affected by conflict, neglect or natural disasters. We consider heritage to be a testimony of our humanity, history and cultural identity – now and for the future.
CHwB Albania promotes and is committed to equality, social justice, non-discrimination, participation, inclusion, intercultural dialogue, accountability and transparency. Our partners are numerous and of all levels and we work with all members of society without discrimination.
Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania is looking for a perfect candidate to fulfil a position of project coordinator. The project coordinators’ primary role would be to coordinate cooperation in regards to two main programs: Regional Restoration Camp and Disaster Risk Management for Cultural heritage sites. In a nutshell required skills should be within the areas of heritage education and training.
Regional Restoration Camp is the flagship program of CHwB Albania and potential employee would be working both in Albanian and cross border aspects of establishing cooperation’s and partnerships. The Disaster Risk Management for Cultural Heritage sites is stemming from long term engagement of CHwB in post disaster recovery. Here a potential employee would be working directly with partners creating a common grounds for establishing new practices and guidelines.
The tasks shall be done in coordination, and regular follow-up with the Executive and vice Director. The tasks shall be done in accordance with values and principles of CHwB – Albania and in line with the CHwB – Albania Strategic plan, Administrative Guidelines and Anti-corruption policy.
- Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinators’ tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
1.1 Project coordination
- Planning/organizing the project implementation flow
- Reaching out, engaging and communicating with stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Communicating with a team
- Organizing individual events, workshops/camps/seminars in close cooperation with the team and partners
- Reporting on implementation and challenges
- Cooperation with the PR/communication officer and preparation of the material that will be published. The size and the content are flexible depending on the nature of project/activity.
- Whenever is possible, on request of the colleagues to advise and help to other projects with his/her expertise and knowledge.
- Other issues as they arise
- An extra notch to Tasks and Responsibilities
Candidates demonstrating creativity and pro-activeness in eventual expanding of the cooperation schemes and building on valuable partnerships, would have a large advantage.
- Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Have a master degree in cultural heritage/architecture and similar fields
- At least 5 years of working experience in similar tasks and undertakings
- Training or experience in Disaster Risk Management is an asset
- Working context is regional, hence besides native Albanian, excellent command in English is required
- Proven experience in organizing trainings/educational models would be an advantage
- Proven experience identifying and coordinating stakeholder response and engagement would be an advantage
- High level of integrity is a prerequisite
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE:
Working for an NGO like CHwB – Albania requires a great deal of flexibility, readiness and open-mindedness in order to be able to fulfil a wide range of different assignments. Sharing work and responsibility is important in the daily work and for the positive atmosphere in the offices. Therefore Project Coordinator can be required to perform different work assignments based on the employer’s directives. Working for Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania requires your full commitment and creative mind.
The work requires travel and thereby absence from home and office environments. The work can also be irregular, with demanding requirements and conflicting deadlines and priorities.
Please reference the job title and send a Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter to the following address: gro.b1686428930whc@a1686428930inabl1686428930a1686428930
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office. All applicants will receive a confirmation that their electronic submission was received. However, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline for applications is 12.00 (noon) March 1st, 2021.