Open position: Program architect at Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania
Full-time, One year with possibility of extension, based on performance (3 months’ probation time)
The foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania (CHwB Albania) is an independent non-governmental organization dedicated to rescuing and preserving tangible and intangible cultural heritage affected by conflict, neglect or natural disasters. We consider heritage to be a testimony of our humanity, history and cultural identity – now and for the future.
CHwB Albania promotes and is committed to equality, social justice, non-discrimination, participation, inclusion, intercultural dialogue, accountability and transparency. Our partners are numerous and of all levels and we work with all members of society without discrimination.
Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania is looking for a perfect candidate to fulfil a position of program architect.
The program architect shall be primarily working on on-site supervision, additional conservation surveys, reporting and designing new conservation proposals for sites of interest.
The tasks shall be done in coordination, and regular follow-up with the Executive and vice Director. The tasks shall be done in accordance with values and principles of CHwB – Albania and in line with the CHwB – Albania Strategic plan, Administrative Guidelines and Anti-corruption policy.
- Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Architects’ tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribution in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects and activities in accordance with CHwB’s Strategic plan
- Developing drawings, technical specifications, technical reports and BoQ
- Developing reports and identifying additional issues and/or concerns
- Identifying additional skills and expertise needed to comply with highest conservation standards
- Assistance regarding coordination, organization, representation or local level tasks within the scope of work
- Cooperation with the PR/communication officer and preparation of the material that will be published. The size and the content are flexible depending on the nature of project/activity
- Whenever is possible, on request of the colleagues to advise and help to other projects with his expertise and knowledge
- An extra notch to Tasks and Responsibilities
Candidates demonstrating creativity and pro-activeness in their tasks would have a large advantage.
- Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Have a master degree in architectural conservation/architecture/engineering
- At least 5 years of working experience in site supervision and conservation design
- Have a good command of English language
- Demonstrated experience and ability in producing technical documentation
- High level of integrity is a prerequisite
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE:
Working for a small NGO like CHwB – Albania and small office as the office in Albania requires a great deal of flexibility, readiness and open-mindedness in order to be able to fulfil a wide range of different assignments. Sharing work and responsibility is important in the daily work and for the positive atmosphere in the offices. Therefore Project Coordinator can be required to perform different work assignments based on the employer’s directives. Working for a Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania requires your full commitment and creative mind.
The work requires travel and thereby absence from home and office environments. The work can also be irregular, with demanding requirements and conflicting deadlines and priorities.
Please reference the job title and send a Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter to the following address: gro.b1621088825whc@a1621088825inabl1621088825a1621088825
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office. All applicants will receive a confirmation that their electronic submission was received. However, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline for applications is 12.00 (noon) March 1st, 2021.