A new program supported by the Regional Cooperation Council Task Force on Culture and Society (RCCTFCS) will support the preparation of site management plans, along with relevant training for seven sites in the Western Balkans.
The project will be implemented by a consortium of 4 regional NGOs, including CHwB Albania, Co-Plan Albania, Expedito and Europa Nostra Serbia. CHwB Albania will lead the multinational consortium.
The goal of the program is to prepare site management plans and relevant on-site training to sustain the rehabilitation of seven consolidated projects in seven Western Balkan countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia).
The sites to be included in the program are:
- Archaeological site of Apollonia, Fier, Albania
- National Library (City Hall), Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Roman city of Siscia, Sisak, Croatia
- Gazi Mehmed Pasha Hammam, Prizren, Kosovo
- Besac Fortress, Virpazar, Montenegro
- Caričin Grad (Iustiniana Prima), Stulac, Lebane, Serbia
- Archaeological site of Heraclea Lyncestis, Bitola, Macedonia
The program will provide better understanding of the process for long-term preservation of sites and monuments, as well as their developmental challenges and opportunities.