Cultural Heritage without Borders cordingly invites you to the Third Regional Heritage Seminar, titled ‘Cultural Heritage & Activism’
Seminar will be held at Hotel Tourist Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina, October 21 – 23 2014
What is the relationship between cultural heritage, development and society?
Can heritage make a difference? Does it?
The seminar will:
- Connect cultural heritage professionals interested in developing reflective practice – to look at themselves and what they do
- Strengthen critical understanding about the role of cultural heritage in contemporary society – to make our work relevant
- Share international examples – who is doing what and where
- Create a platform of people who want heritage to make a difference
- Strengthen excellence in practice and communication
Keynote speakers include:
Amra Hadzimuhamedovic – Commission to Preserve National Monuments in Bosnia Herzegovina and specialist on post war reconstruction
David Fleming – Director of National Museums Liverpool, UK and founder of the Social Justice Alliance of Museums
Kate Pugh – Director of the Heritage Alliance, an independent body in the UK that advocates and lobbies for heritage
Jasper Visser – Change agent, innovator and facilitator specialising in culture, heritage and the arts
Fee: No charge but application is required for limited spaces
What’s included: Accommodation and meals, transport to / from Sarajevo (pre-booked), limited travel costs (depending on location)
Working language is English.
To register at the Seminar, please fill in the ON-LINE Registration Form by Tuesday, October 14th 2014, at the following link.
This seminar is organized as part of project „From historical integration to contemprary active participation“ and funded by the European Union.