Finance and Administrative Officer at Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania
Full-time, One year with possibility of extension, based on performance (3 months’ probation time)
The foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania (CHwB Albania) is an independent non-governmental organization dedicated to rescuing and preserving tangible and intangible cultural heritage affected by conflict, neglect or natural disasters. We consider heritage to be a testimony of our humanity, history and cultural identity – now and for the future.
CHwB Albania promotes and is committed to equality, social justice, non-discrimination, participation, inclusion, intercultural dialogue, accountability and transparency. Our partners are numerous and of all levels and we work with all members of society without discrimination.
Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania is looking for a perfect candidate to fulfill a position of financial and administrative officer.
The tasks shall be done in coordination, and regular follow-up with the Executive Director, fellow administrative/finance officer. The tasks shall be done in accordance with values and principles of CHwB – Albania and in line with the CHwB – Albania Strategic plan, Administrative Guidelines and Anti-corruption policy.
1.Tasks and Responsibilities
The Finance and Administrative Officer’s tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Booking costs/incomes/expenditures as per requirements of donors
- Budget follow-up and projections
- Conducting bank and petty cash payments and cash withdrawals as per authorization of executive director and its deputy;
- Preparing monthly financial reports for all currencies, bank accounts and petty cash for monthly revision
- Preparing project based reports for different donors, as per requirements of the donor
- Preparing documentation and following-up for audit and audit matters
- Following up, registering and informing about all tax invoicing, payments and changes in tax system
- Protecting the organization and its’ assets against fraud and financial abuse
- All other fiscal matters such as: creating/checking budgets, prepare payroll of staff and calculation of taxes and social insurances every month and similar other tasks and other duties as they arise
- Office administration – office upkeep as per auditors recommendations, storing and organizing all internal and external correspondence; checking mailbox; organizing office routines;
- Office administration – preparing service agreements and JoD in cooperation with program manager in charge; keeping all folders in order
- Office administration – keeping all the folders of employees in order; preparing and updating individual employee folders; preparing and introducing interns to working routines in the office
- Organizing and assisting in all administrative matters
- Liaising with program managers and conducting planning, follow-up and implementation of programme support and providing technical support to implementing partners.
- Keep and maintain inventory of the office equipment and materials
- Other duties as they arise
2. An extra notch to Tasks and Responsibilities
Candidates demonstrating open-mind, creativity mind and pro-activeness in developing sponsorship schemes as well as other equally valuable partnerships, would have a large advantage.
3. Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Have a master degree in economy, finance/accounting and or similar
- At least 10 years of working experience, where one portion of it (min. 5 years) is within the NGO sector
- Extensive knowledge of tax and financial system of Albania
- Excellent command of English Language
- Excellent command in Financial programs, especially QuickBooks
- High integrity is a prerequisite
4. Working Environment & Culture:
Working for a small NGO like CHwB – Albania and small office as the office in Albania requires a great deal of flexibility, readiness and open-mindedness in order to be able to fulfill a wide range of different assignments. Sharing work and responsibility is important in the daily work and for the positive atmosphere in the offices. Therefore Administrative and Finance officer can be required to perform different work assignments based on the employer’s directives. Working for a Cultural Heritage without Borders Albania requires your full commitment and creative mind.
The work requires travel and thereby absence from home and office environments. The work can also be irregular, with demanding requirements and conflicting deadlines and priorities.
Please reference the job title and send a Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter to the following address: gro.b1594791801whc@a1594791801inabl1594791801a1594791801
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office.
All applicants will receive a confirmation that their electronic submission was received. However, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline for applications is 12.00 (noon) January 23rd, 2018.