CHwB-Albania is looking for volunteers to assist at this year’s Regional Restoration Camps. Camp volunteers will attend the full camp and assist with a variety of tasks to help make the experience as rewarding as possible for participants. They will help organizers, craftspeople and participants with issues of coordination, communication and guidance. Be sure you understand the duties and meet the eligibility and qualifications before applying!
By volunteering you will have the opportunity to make the difference; every person counts! Your help in conserving and promoting cultural heritage is vital for passing it on to the next generations. Working with participants and lecturers, the Camps make possible the preservation and maintenance of cultural sites, artefacts and traditions. They also strengthen the connection of communities with their heritage. Working with Camps puts us in contact with many people on a daily basis. For this reason, we can offer support to all “heritage-keepers.”
This is a valuable opportunity to gain new skills or build knowledge and experience in the field of cultural heritage, specifically on building conservation, conservation of artifacts, and interpretation. The close cooperation with craftspeople, artisans and lecturers will increase your knowledge on conservation and craftsmanship. You will have the opportunity to socialize, meet people and make new friends who share the same interests as you.
What are the duties of a Camp Volunteer?
Volunteers will receive instructions related to their responsibilities during the Camp. They may be asked to assist with the following areas:
- Organizational tasks (responsibility over the registration, lecture room, tools)
- Responsibility over the working sites (assisting the crafts, documenting each project, implementing safety measures, making sure everyone is working towards the final result)
- Communication/Community (being the bridge between organizers and participants, translations, facilitating discussions, communicating with local community and media)
- Be a former participant of a CHwB Albania Regional Restoration Camp
- Speak fluent English. Speaking the primary language of the country where the Camp is held is an added value: Albanian (for the Camps in Albania & Kosovo) or Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian (for the Camp in Serbia)
- Be an honest, cheerful and efficient worker
Save the dates!
Be sure to pay close attention to the dates, themes and deadlines for each of the 2019 Camps. This year we propose two application windows.
First application window: OPEN NOW! The application deadline for the Spring 2019 Camp scheduled in June is 15 April.
|Gjakova, Kosovo||8-19 June||Conservation of artifacts, interpretation||15 April|
Second application window: OPEN NOW! The application deadline for the September 2019 Camp will be 28 June.
|Rogljevo, Serbia||15 – 27 Sept||Building conservation, interpretation||28 June|
|Gjirokastra, Albania||15 – 27 Sept||Building conservation, interpretation||28 June|
CHwB Albania will cover all in-country costs for volunteers, including accommodation, meal allowance, excursions, travel within the country and costs connected to volunteer duties. Volunteers coming from outside the country will have to cover their own costs for travel to the country where the camp is located.
How to apply
- If you meet these requirements and want to dive back into the exciting and rewarding atmosphere of the CHwB-Albania Regional Restoration Camps, download the PDF application (below):
- Fill out the application completely, including all supporting documents
- Send the entire application by email or post to:
Rr. Ismail Qemali
P. 34/1, Kt. III, Zr. 15