CHwB-Albania is looking for volunteers to assist at this year’s Regional Restoration Camps. Camp volunteers will attend the full camp and assist with a variety of tasks to help make the experience as rewarding as possible for participants. They will help organizers, craftspeople and participants with issues of coordination, communication and guidance. Be sure you understand the duties and meet the eligibility and qualifications before applying!
By volunteering you will have the opportunity to make the difference; every person counts. Your help in conserving and promoting cultural heritage is vital for passing it on to the next generations. Working with participants and lecturers, the Camps make possible the preservation and maintenance of cultural sites, artefacts and traditions. They also strengthen the connection of communities with their heritage. Working with Camps puts us in contact with many people on a daily basis. For this reason, we can offer support to all “heritage-keepers.”
This is a valuable opportunity to gain new skills or build knowledge and experience in the field of cultural heritage, specifically on building conservation, conservation of artifacts, interpretation, traditional crafts and entrepreneurship. The close cooperation with craftspeople, artisans and lecturers will increase your knowledge on conservation and craftsmanship. You will have the opportunity to socialize, meet people and make new friends who share the same interests as you.
What are the duties of a Camp Volunteer?
- Organizational tasks (responsibility over the registration, lecture room, tools)
- Responsibility over the working sites (assisting the crafts, documenting each project, implementing safety measures, making sure everyone is working towards the final result)
- Communication/Community (being the bridge between organizers and participants, translations, facilitating discussions, communicating with local community and media)
- Be a former participant of a CHwB Albania Regional Restoration Camp
- Speak fluent English. Speaking the primary language of the country where the Camp is held is an added value: Albanian (for the Camps in Albania & Kosovo) or Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian (for the Camp in Serbia)
- Be an honest, cheerful and efficient worker
- For Rogljevo Camp: Include with your application 3 examples of your drawings (no more, no less!). At least one of those should be a drawing that you have done by hand (even if the subject is not architectural). If you have worked on heritage documentation in the past, please include a sample. Each of your 3 images should be formatted in A4, and the total file size should not exceed 12MB.
- For Shkodra Camp: You should have some prior experience with heritage interpretation, either through the Regional Restoration Camps or through your own work.
Save the dates!
The second application window is OPEN NOW! You can now apply to become parts of the following Camps scheduled in September. The deadline for sending your application will be 17 June. Be sure to pay close attention to the dates, themes and deadlines for each of the 2018 Camps.
Please take note of the volunteer application DEADLINE for each Camp below:
|Prishtina, Kosovo||20 – 31 May||Conservation of artefacts, interpretation||15 April (CLOSED)|
|Kruja, Albania||20 – 31 May||Historical crafts and entrepreneurship||15 April (CLOSED)|
|Shkodra, Albania||2 – 14 June||Dynamic heritage interpretation||15 April (CLOSED)|
|Berat, Albania||2 – 14 June||Building conservation, interpretation||15 April (CLOSED)|
|Rogljevo, Serbia||1 – 15 Sept||Building conservation, interpretation||17 June|
|Përmet, Albania||8 – 23 Sept||Building conservation, interpretation||17 June|
|Gjirokastra, Albania||8 – 23 Sept||Building conservation, interpretation||17 June|
CHwB Albania will cover all in-country costs for volunteers, including accommodation, meal allowance, excursions, travel within the country and costs connected to volunteer duties. Volunteers coming from outside the country will have to cover their own costs for travel to the country where the camp is located.
How to apply
- If you meet these requirements and want to dive back into the exciting and rewarding atmosphere of the CHwB-Albania Regional Restoration Camps, download the PDF application (below):
- Fill out the application completely, including all supporting documents
- Send the entire application by email or post to:
Rr. Ismail Qemali
P. 34/1, Kt. III, Zr. 15